WHO AM I?

I used to be cool... until I had kids. Then they made me turn in my dignity and gave me a minivan.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Let's Not Make Kim K. the Poster Girl For Pregnant Women Everywhere

  The only reason I get sucked into any reality star argument it is this one:

"THEY CHOSE AND CONTINUE TO CHOOSE TO GET PAID FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE THAT THEIR LIVES BECOME PUBLIC."

  And they did this in the time of mass media, social media; in a time of instant information in the palm of your hands. It is not the Hollywood when celebrities had private lives with an amount of, well, privacy.  There were not a film crews at their weddings. Nor any television networks that were willing to PAY them to televise their daily lives for millions of strangers.

  No one will argue that Kim K. is PAID HANDSOMELY to be in the public eye.  But should her pregnancy body come under scrutiny?

Well, riddle me this... did she allow the public to view her per-pregnancy body?  Did she make money off of that body?  Yes. Yes. An $18 Million dollar net worth YES.  And guess what? She's making money off of that body right now! It's free press. It's not kind, but it's free and it is making her money AND will likely do the same with her postpartum body. 

SIDE NOTE: prepare yourselves for a birth with advertising sponsers and Kim K and -insert baby name that begins with a K here- workout DVD.
 
Pregnant women like you and me, let's embrace THEM. Let's open doors for them, offer help with chores to them.  And let's have "stork parking" and family bathrooms.  And let's put down the People Magazine and stop paying any attention to the Kardashians.

No comments:

Post a Comment